How To Become A YouTube Publisher
YouTube is the world’s largest video site. YouTube also has some monetization opportunities for publishers. If you feel you have what it takes to become a “YouTube Celebrity”, or that you can produce good enough content to rack up the needed views, you can make good money off becoming an AdSense Publisher. There’s also other opportunities for YouTubers to make money, such as Patreon, affiliate marketing and product endorsements. Here’s what you need to know about becoming a YouTube publisher.
Channel Requirements For Monetization
In order for a channel to be eligible for monetization, the channel must 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. Depending on the type of content, this might take a while to reach, or it might be very simple. Either way, just keep working on producing good, quality content. As the numbers of videos ramp up, you’ll gain greater organic reach and the rate your followers are gained with keep trending upwards.
Your Videos Must Also Comply With The Following:
- Your content is advertiser-friendly.
- You created the content or have permission to use it commercially.
- You are able to provide documentation proving you own commercial rights to all audio and video content.
- Your content complies with YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube’s Terms of Service, and Community Guidelines.
- YouTube reserves the right to disable monetization for accounts that do not follow our guidelines.